Flint River Ranch Duck and Potato Dog Food Signature Brand Formula
The new Flint River Ranch Duck, Oatmeal and Potato Dog Food Signature Brand formula is an all natural, oven-baked ultra premium duck, oatmeal and potato dog food that's perfect for the allergic dog or pet that requires a reduced-grain and non-wheat-based diet.
The FRR Duck, Oatmeal, and Potato formula is free of corn, wheat, chicken, and soy
— four of the most common allergens
in dog foods — making it an ideal diet of choice for dogs prone to skin or food-related allergies.
We're building on the foundation that the Flint River Ranch "Fish & Chips" Trout and Potato Dog Food formula initiated by utilizing the best aspects of its formula as the core of our new "Signature Brand" line of nugget-shaped, oven-baked dog foods. The Duck and Potato
dog food formula is the second release under the Flint River Ranch Signature Brand
philosophy of creating new formulas with core ingredients being very similar and therefore greatly easing the transitional periods that some food-sensitive dogs run into.
The "Signature Brand" formulas will incorporate a "mix of different proteins" within a pet's diet to better enable dogs to garner different nutritional aspects from these variations. At the same time, the proteins will be more concentrated and savory in their own unique formula.
The goal is to create a formula line that will present the various proteins of Fish, Duck, Chicken, Beef, Lamb and perhaps Venison as the key ingredients in separate formulas with a variety of complementary fats. There will be no wheat, rice, corn or soybeans in any of these formulas and there will be an emphasis on more unique ingredients, utilizing oats, potatoes (sweet and white), and more fruits and vegetables than have been traditionally used within this new line.
This wheat-free, rice-free dog food formula also makes an ideal choice for those troubled by the melamine-contaminated wheat gluten and rice protein concentrate ingredients in the international pet food recall
Flint River Ranch formulas have ever been recalled
Our Duck and Potato dog food formula comes in the larger "nugget" size and also packs a healthy assortment of herbs, fruits, probiotics, digestive enzymes, essential vitamins, minerals, and omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat — all resulting in better nutrition, palatability, and digestibility.
We're such strong believers in Flint River Ranch premium pet foods that we encourage you to give your best friend(s) the Flint River Ranch Taste Test
— let your dogs show you which food they prefer, and then take comfort in knowing you'll be feeding them the absolute best in nutrition and taste
and, through A+ Flint River Ranch
, at the best possible price
The Flint River Ranch Duck and Potato dog food formula has been scientifically developed for food-sensitive dogs
that are prone to skin and/or food allergies as well as dogs that frequently have digestive issues (especially loose stools and smelly or excessive flatulence, or gas). The duck and potato dog food formula is also ideal for the following dog breeds:
- Bulldogs - Helps to prevent skin allergies common to breed
- Dalmatians - Ideal low-purine dog food diet for preventing urinary stone issues and skin allergies
- German Shepherds - Aids in reducing potential digestive problems
- Golden Retrievers - Helps to prevent skin allergies common to breed
- Great Pyrenees - Helps to prevent skin allergies common to breed
- Labrador Retreivers - Helps to prevent skin allergies common to breed
- Pugs - Helps to prevent skin allergies (make sure not to overfeed)
- Samoyeds - Helps to prevent skin allergies common to breed
- Siberian Huskies - Zinc supplements help prevent zinc responsive dermatitis
- West Highland White Terriers - Helps to prevent skin allergies common to breed
- Plus Rottweilers, Weimaraners, Boxers, Standard Poodles, Chow Chows, Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Akitas, Irish Setters, Newfoundlands, Vizslas, Airedale Terriers (helps with dry skin), Great Danes, Mastiffs, St. Bernards, Cocker Spaniels, Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties), Old English Sheepdogs, Bloodhounds, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Greyhounds, Alaskan Malamutes, Collies, German Shorthaired Pointers, larger Terrier breeds, mixed breeds, and many more
Duck Meal, Oatmeal, Whole Ground Millet, Oat Flour, Potatoes, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols
- Healthy Antioxidants), Tomato Pomace, White Fish Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Alfalfa Meal, Flax Seed, Oat Bran, Blueberries, Dried Apples, Dried Carrots, Cranberries, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, a-Tocopherol
Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Quinoa, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtillis Fermentation Product
, and Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product
Formulated to meet and exceed the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profile
for All Life Stages
Guaranteed Free of Animal By-Products, BHT, BHA and Ethoxyquin
Because Flint River Ranch premium dog food formulas are nutrient-dense, you should feed 20%-25% less than regular dog foods
. Each serving delivers maximum nutrition without unnecessary fillers
, so you'll also notice a lower stool volume and less clean-up.
It's best to introduce Flint River Ranch Super Premium foods by mixing with your dog's current food and increasing the amount of Flint River Ranch over several days. It will take time for your dog to adjust to the rich, easy to digest, all natural quality. A sudden change in any food source may be a shock to your dog's digestive system. You may notice loose stool. If so, reduce the amount being fed until your dog adjusts.
Feed your dog once or twice a day unless the breed is prone to bloating or excessive weight gain
), in which case we recommend feeding three smaller meals throughout the day. Food requirements vary depending on climate, breed of dog and exercise activity. Feed an amount that will maintain your dog's weight, and make sure to always have fresh water available.
Crude Protein (Min.)|
Crude Fat (Min.)
Crude Fiber (Max.)
Omega 3 (Min.)
Omega 6 (Min.)
Caloric Density (KCAL/Cup)
¾ to 1¾ cups per day
1¾ to 3 cups per day
3 to 4 cups per day
4 to 5½ cups per day
5½+ cups per day
Split portion size into 1-3 meals a day
Puppies can generally be free-fed their first year